Internship and field research trips
What is finacially supported?
- field research trip (for example collecting data for your thesis)
- the stay is going to be in a development aid receiving country
- the duration of your stay is going to last for at least 4 weeks up to 6 months at the very most
Who is financially supported?
- are from Africa, Asia, Latin America, Southeastern Europe (a development aid receiving country according to the DAC list)
- don’t receive a scholarship
- have already participated in STUBE events for at least one semester
- want to help promote ecological and social development in their native country
- will give a final (written) report and a presentation on their stay
- submit all neccessary tickets, receipts, invoices
How to apply for it?
- send a message before setting off as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
- tell place, time and duration of your stay, details will be discussed later
- send the application form to STUBE office at least 6 weeks before travelling
- dates for application deadline are as follows: 15th Jan. / 15th April / 15th June / 15th Oct. every year
Application forms, guidelines and documents for downloading
How could an internship or a field research look like? There are 2 examples of trips to Vietnam and Cameroon financially supported by STUBE .
A study visit and field research in Vietnam
The student did her Master in the International Master’s Program SEPT (small enterprises promotion and training) at University of Leipzig. For her thesis she did a study trip to Vietnam in the begin of 2020. It was planned as a one-month trip to conduct interviews and collect data.
Due to Covid-19 pandemic there were a lot of changes in terme of time and finances. There were a lot of challenges. Even transport was cancelled but she could take her own motor scooter. So it was possible to visit an agriculture start up in the Mekong Delta and interview the CEO of an prosthetic producing enterprise in Vietnam like you see in the pictures.
STUBE supported the study visit and field research financially. So if you think of doing an internship or research read the criterias carefully and don’t hesitate to contact the STUBE coordinator if you plan to apply.
An internship in Cameroon – a long story
Noris did his Master in Sustainable Mining and Remediation Management at Technical University Bergakademie Freiberg. He did an internship end of 2020 in Cameroon.
Noris talks with Gerardo (STUBE coordinator) and Zhasur (Student Assistant) about his stay, culture shock(s), application at STUBE and more.
Click here to listen to a relaxed talk of Noris, Gerardo and Zhasur.
Noris, Gerardo, Zhasur talk about the internship (BPSA)
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Students who are currently enroled at a university in Saxony and who aim to complete a Bachelor, Master or Diploma degree.
Please note, PhD students are not eligible to financial support.
In case you are studying in another Federal State of Germany, you may apply at the regional Stube office there.
For information check out: www.stube-info.de
We support internships and field research trips financially if they are related to tasks such as as collecting data for your thesis etc.
We primarely refund travel expenses, being the costs for flight Tickets (from the airport in Germany to the destination; return flight and CO2 compensation included).
Please note, the amount of financial help is limited.
It is possible to apply for extra financial support. This so called ”pocket money” is no higher than 500 Euros and enables you to pay for different expenses. You don’t need to submit any receipts. However, you are requested to explain the reasons for applying for “pocket money”.
Yes, it is.
Yes, by all means.
These are primarily donations for Brot für die Welt/ Evangelisches Werk für Diakonie. The other half is given by the Free State of Saxony.